S.A.L.A.M is immensely grateful for allowing us to communicate with you. The reason for this notice is so that S.A.L.A.M can comply with the law on data protection and in so doing assure you that the personal information that you have provided to us is dealt with properly and securely and so that you know how to seek a remedy if you are not satisfied with our use of your information.
S.A.L.A.M is a Data Controller and is a joint data controller in respect of the information that you have provided to us in order to enable us to process your donation. This means that S.A.L.A.M is responsible for the proper use and safe custody of your personal information.
If you have any concerns or complaints with regard to the processing of the personal information that you have provided to us you can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
S.A.L.A.M does not have a statutory Data Protection Officer and it is not required to have one by law.
Purposes of Processing and Retention Period
S.A.L.A.M has obtained from you some personal information today. This information is sufficient to identify you and to enable to communicate with you by the means that you have elected (such as email) and for the specified purposes (such as keeping up to date with us).
Since you have elected to receive further information from S.A.L.A.M, such as our newsletter or notification of seminars, courses or events, then we have to retain contact information, including your identity and contact details, for as long as you wish to continue to receive information from us.
We therefore hold your information for these purposes with your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
Recipients of Your Personal Data
S.A.L.A.M does not sell, give, transfer or otherwise use your personal data other than for the purposes mentioned above.
In order to enable us to receive personal data for the specified purposes, we may provide your identity to a number of services that automate your data, we have carefully selected these services in a manner that is compliant with the regulation (see Automated Decision Making).
S.A.L.A.M does not send your personal information outside of the European Union. If any of the services does this then they are obliged to explain this to you.
We are also obliged to explain to you your rights in respect of our processing of your personal data. These are:
• The right to request from S.A.L.A.M a copy of your personal information as it is held by us. There is normally no charge for us doing this.
• The right to request S.A.L.A.M to correct any errors in the personal information that we hold about you. We may request some evidence to confirm that an error has been made.
• The right to ask S.A.L.A.M to erase any personal data that S.A.L.A.M holds on you (although that right does not apply where S.A.L.A.M has a legal obligation to retain it).
• The right to ask S.A.L.A.M to restrict (suspend) processing of your personal data.
• The right to object to S.A.L.A.M processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
• The right to ask S.A.L.A.M to provide a copy of the personal data that were obtained from you in a portable machine-readable format and to ask us to send that copy to another data controller.
• Where you have given your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do this, the withdrawal of consent does not affect S.A.L.A.M legal obligation to retain certain information such as for the purpose of keeping taxation records and it does not act retrospectively.
• The right to complain to a supervisory authority (regulator). S.A.L.A.M invites you to make any complaint directly to the Data Processing Manager in the first instance but you have the right to complain to the regulator at any time. In the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland the supervisory authority (regulator) is the Information Commissioner and the further details can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/for-
• Where you have given your consent to S.A.L.A.M sending you information from time to time about events, publications, seminars and courses that may be of interest to you, S.A.L.A.M selects whether these may be of interest using automated decision making. You have the right to tell us not do do this. Our automated decision making processes are described below.
S.A.L.A.M does not and does not intend to process your personal information for any purposes other than those described in this notice and for which you have given your consent or where S.A.L.A.M has a legal obligation to do so.
S.A.L.A.M hopes that this notice explains how we will use the personal information that you have supplied to us and assures you that we are treating you fairly and lawfully. If you have any concerns or complaints, please do not hesitate to contact S.A.L.A.M via the details above. Nothing in this documents seeks to or should be taken to override any statutory rights that apply to you.